I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda (via losingmyselfagain)
- desch reblogged this from jeleveux
- madanach reblogged this from jeleveux
- womanofmalice likes this
- breannaharris likes this
- bbeez reblogged this from beforeiloveandleaveyou
- beforeiloveandleaveyou reblogged this from atelophobic-butterfly
- garbageh0le likes this
- justagoldenmemory likes this
- grapesofwrath reblogged this from maggiepies
- maggiepies reblogged this from losingmyselfagain
- maggiepies likes this
- unappeased-persona likes this
- camayaa likes this
- leavethistovvn likes this
- oneafternineonine likes this
- atelophobic-butterfly reblogged this from losingmyselfagain
- weaverofstars likes this
- suchislife8 likes this
- losingmyselfagain reblogged this from christmascoffeeqveen
- roquelaure-szs likes this
- kirstenfabian likes this
- losingmyselfagain likes this
- jeleveux posted this